Sunday, June 21, 2009

Inspired by Nature and Care Bears


This challenge was to find a card from the featured stamper and CASE it -- which means to Copay and Share Everything. So here is the card I cased. I loved it. I will admit, I did not know how Christy did her technique, so I made up my own.

I loved Christy's card "Care Bears Inspired". I did not know her technique that she used, but worked on masking the image last night. What a laugh -- couldn't do it. I tried again this a.m. with inking only the area I wanted to stamp. Thank goodness for the Stamp-a-ma-jig. That seemed to work.

Changes: I changed the color of pink and green. I used a punch (Martha Stewary) to make a stencil so I could sponge the butterflies. I used CB embossing folder and inked it to imitate her background. I used CB and paper to imitate the ribbon. I also added brads, just in case the adhesive decided to fail me.

I did make about 6 different sentiments for this card, in case I didn't want a "thank you" when I send it. (I do this often).




http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1092198?cat=500&ppuser=79977

No comments:

Post a Comment